Planetpals would like to share some tips on how you can have a Greener more Eco friendly Birthday Party or Celebration when it is your turn:
Remember: We all need to do our part.
You can be a Panetpal, too!
Here are a 10 SIMPLE TIPS when celebrating to help make any birthday party or Celebration GREEN:
- Have a recycle and trash plan such as pre-designated bins. Mark BINS clearly for easy use by using Planetpals FREE Recycle Sign
- Use reusable party items instead of disposable paper or plastic dishware and utensils
- If you are using plastic disposables, encourage people to reuse their cups and plates instead of getting new ones. (As a new idea, why not give everyone a cup with a unique image or their name on it, and encourage them to re-use it all day and take it home as a souvenir !)
Use paper items instead of plastics and styrofoam which are not biodegradable
- Consider cloth napkins or colorful bandanas instead of paper napkins!
- Give reusable water bottles as a favor and encourage people to fill them
- Buy large quantity containers instead of distributing drinks in small bottles and cans...
- Have an end of party clean up plan in place and encourage the kids to take part in clean up so they can learn for the future
- Recycle your party decorations by using them for your next party or trade with a friend
- Give away eco friendly favors and gifts!
- Stop by Planetpals Birthday Party we have lots of fun activities and downloads for you.
Remember, when you finish learning about birthdays check out the site map--there's lots more to learn about here at Planetpals.com.
Back to Our Birthday Party