learn about earth
planetpals save the earth
Bookmark and Share
Join PP On Social Media:
join us FB Twitter WeAreTeacher Linkedin FACEBOOK BLOG social
planetpals.com
Home
Earth Zine Magazine
Earthday
Teachers/ Parents
Complete Site Navigation
Contact Us
Advertise
Privacy Policy

Earth Related Pages:

About Planet Earth
Earth Fast facts
Wonders of the World
Earth Matters
Planetpals Recycle Center
Thinking Green Class Projects
Worldly Wise Tips
The Story of Earthday
Earthday Activity Page
Green Associations
Let's Weather Together
A Look at Eco Books
Food Chain Chart
Earth Size Chart
Ecology Dictionary
be a friend to earth
EARTH
is one of the planets in our solar system.

It is third in distance from the sun and the fifth largest in diameter. Earth moves around the sun in a circular type path.
It is the only planet known to support life, although some of the other planets have atmospheres and contain water.
earthmanEarthman says Be a Planetpal!

h20 H20 says don't waste water

EARTH
consists of five parts:

The first, the atmosphere is gaseous, the second, the hydrosphere is liquid) the third, fourth, and fifth, the lithosphere, mantle, and core is largely solid.

earth world
Take a look at the spinning globe;

Notice that Water in the form of the oceans, covers approximately 70% of the earth's surface, and land the remaining 30%.

DID YOU
KNOW?

EARTH
is not a perfect sphere
but is slightly
pear shaped.
food chain earth fast facts earth size chart
green earth
butterfly
tiger
flowers

EARTH
is in danger, with so many people using so much , we could use up our natural resources in a very short time.

Not only do all living things depend on our natural resources, but each living thing in the food chain depends on the other to survive. That's why it is important that we take care of our planet and everything in it! We call that "ecology".

greenbean

Greenbean says keep everything green and clean!

planetterri

Planet Terri thinks there's no zone like the ozone!

ECOLOGY:

The word "ecology"
comes from
the Greek word meaning
"
house"

NEXT:

Learn about Earth Look at the size of the earth!
Read Earth Fast facts See The Food Chain
SEE the wonders of the world Learn about ecology
 
 

planetpals teach about earth science

Legal Restrictions, Privacy Policy,Terms of Use applicable to this site
Webmaster: Planetpals Copyright 1991 Judith Gorgone-all rights reserved