Teach Kids to Love and Care for Earth Recycle Craft!
At Planetpals we believe if you teach kids to appreciate beautiful things on Earth, they will learn to love and care for it! It's that simple.
|Looking for more interactive things to make here at Eartzone?
Every issue of our magazine has a special craft of the month! Free Activities in your email from the kidsclub! Try the Planetpals coloring page, recycle kit, card game, or check out our freebeez page.
Make another craft!
You might also like these activities!
Make a Recycle Trees and Scenery
Arbor Day, Earthday, America Recyles Day. This is simple for any age! Use paper tubes, cardboard, tissue-ideas and instructions.
Recycle boxes and tubes Castle
This speaks for itself...Play with playmobile people--or have kids make their own people!
Make a Toy Play Building or Dollhouse from Recycled Boxes
Our most popular craft! Many styles to choose from, mix with your favorite playmobile toys or doll. Make an apt building, garage, strip mall-diagram to download
Make a Recycle Shoebox Diorama of Your World
A Diorama is a three-dimensional full-size or miniature model. Make your very own favorite model world from recycled items.
Make A Scene Of A Favorite Place
Great craft for a school lesson plan, girl scouts, boy scouts or home project,
Have children talk about favorite places: The beach, a special camping spot, summer camp, a back yard forest, the city, their room, whatever. Have them discuss what they like about it and then recreate it in a three dimensional showcase.
- Shoe box
- Brown paper shopping bag
- See additional ideas below
- Your imagination
- Start with a Shoe box
- You can paint it or cover it with a recycled brown bag
- Use the cover as a base
- Turn the shoe box bottom sideways and sit it inside the base
- Have children decide on a favorite place: beach, camping, forest, their room, whatever
- Make a drawing and figure out what recycled objects they can use to create the scene
- In this case we used stones, tissue paper, recycled schoolwork (the other side) and some toys;
Here is the list of items we used:
- Clouds : school paper
- Water : Aqua tissue paper
- Sky: Blue paper
- Sun: Half of a ball (you could use a bottle top!)
- Rocks: Real Stones
- Matchbox people and boats
Options / Ideas:
- Use shredded paper or Easter Basket grass for trees and bushes!
- Make your own drawings or signs
- Draw people
- Add green dyed rice for grass
- Any recycle materials will work--try bottle caps, yogurt cups etc
- Incoroporate Playmobile people, cars or trains!
Other possible materials--paper bags, popsicle sticks, straws, twigs, bottle caps, toilet paper rolls..list goes on