This version uses crumpled tissue
|Make slits top and bottom. Add crumpled tissue Make different heights using different tubes.
Teach Kids to Love and Care for Earth Recycle Craft!
At Planetpals we believe if you teach kids to appreciate beautiful things on Earth, they will learn to love and care for it! It's that simple.
Recycle Everyday Objects
Great craft for a school lesson plan, girl scouts, boy scouts or home project
|This version made with a tube-cut slit-add top
|Make a slit on each side. Simply add a tree top, palm, elm, apple, orange, whatever. Paint the trunk.
You might also like these activities!
Shoebox World Diorama
This is a favorite Earthday Idea! Convert a shoebox to a favorite place. Teach kids to love the world.
Recycle boxes and tubes Castle
This speaks for itself...Play with playmobile people--or have kids make their own people!
Make a Toy Play Building or Dollhouse from Recycled Boxes
Our most popular craft! Many styles to choose from, mix with your favorite playmobile toys or doll. Make an apt building, garage, strip mall-diagram to download
|Looking for more interactive things to make here at Earthzone?
Every issue of our magazine has a special craft of the month! Free Activities in your email from the kidsclub! Try the Planetpals coloring page, recycle kit, card game, or check out our freebeez page.
Make another craft!
|This version has a cut top decorated with tissue
|Make slits top and bottom. Add tissue or paint
Make Recycle Trees for Arbor Day, Earthday, America Recycles Day or Anyday.
Make Recycle Art
At home or at school this craft is cool!
A lesson in making natural scenery and simple recycle crafts. A reminder of the importance of trees and not wasting paper.
Make your favorite nature scenes from recycled items you find around your home
We made a campground, but you can construct any scene:
- your yard
How to make this Scene:
- Corrugated cardboard
- Paper Tube Roll(s)
- Recycled tissue papers: Magazine, gift wrap, school papers
- Paint , markers, (optional)
- Cloth (optional)
Directions for this Camping Scene:
- We used cardboard as a base and to construct the tent
- For the tree we used recycle toilet paper roll
- Cut slits on top and bottom to construct a tree roots and branches
- Crumple the tissue paper and insert on the tube.
- We also used egg cartons for the bench
- We decorated with recycled tissue (you can use any materials)
- Assemble it by attaching everything to the base
- Play! (try incorporating playmobile people!)
Options / Ideas:
- Use shredded paper or Easter Basket grass for trees and bushes!
- Make your own drawings or signs
- Draw people
- Paint and decorate
- Add fabric for sleeping bags
- Any recycle materials will work--try bottle caps, yogurt cups etc
- Incoroporate Playmobile people, cars or trains!
Make another craft!
This craft is © jag planetpals.com reproduction restricted