Teach Kids to Love and Care for Earth Recycle Craft!
At Planetpals we believe if you teach kids to appreciate beautiful things on Earth, they will learn to love and care for it! It's that simple.
Recycle Everyday Objects
Great craft for a school lesson plan, girl scouts, boy scouts or home project
|Step 1and 2 |
|Step 3 |
|Step 4 and 5 |
|Step 6 |
|Step 7 |
|Step 8-Play! Ages 4 or 8 it's great! |
Other buildings we found made from boxes--Get our building patterns:
Looking for more interactive things to make here at Earthzone?
Every issue of our magazine has a special craft of the month! Free Activities in your email from the kidsclub! Try the Planetpals coloring page, recycle kit, card game, or check out our freebeez page.
Make another craft!
This craft is ŠJag planetpals.com reproduction restricted
Make A Recycle Toy Play House
Make a Building or House-Many styles to choose from
At home or at school this craft is cool!
A lesson in engineering and architecture.
*Reshape it! Make an apartment building, strip mall with stores or a one level house! Download these Building Ideas and Layouts
Make your very own buildings from recycled items you find around your home
How to make the Doll / Toy House:
Tools needed for a Doll House
- Paper Tube Roll
- Recycled papers: Magazine, gift wrap, school papers
- Staples / Stapler ((optional) *with small children be cautious)
- Paint , markers, (optional)
- Fabric (optional)
Directions for this house:
- For the building we used recycled mail boxes
- Cut the flaps off one side and save them to make the roof
- Attach the four boxes together with tape or glue
- Assemble the flaps to make the roof shingles (see sample)
- 1 for each side (we used 7 flaps on each)
- Add two flaps as a wall between the top two floors to hold the roof
- Cut a paper tube on a slant to attach as a chimney Cut magazine ads , gift wrap or paper as wall covering and floors.
What we did to decorate it:
- We cut magazines and recycled papers to decorate the walls and floors
- We added pictures and mounted them on colored paper to look like framed prints on the wall
- We made stripes from paper and 2-tone walls.
- We added Playmobile people, animals, gardens and furniture to expand the play experience...this works for boys and girls
Options / Ideas:
- Use the other side of old schoolwork for the walls
- Make your own drawings for the walls
- Draw windows and doors
- Paint and decorate the outside
- Add fabric for curtains, rugs or grass
- Make appliances in the kitchen, furniture and fireplaces from small boxes
- Decorate the outside and inside
- Make furniture from small blocks
Other Buildings to Make:
Make a Toy Play Building or Dollhouse from Recycled Boxes
Our most popular craft! Many styles to choose from, mix with your favorite playmobile toys or doll. Make an apt building, garage, strip mall-diagrams to download Free Patterns for Buildings!
Make a Recycle Campgroud Toy : Planetpals Exclusive! Another great way to play with recycled materials mixed with existing toys.
Paper Bag Buildings: Planetpals Exclusive! Another great add on toy. Great for travel to play with matchbox or playmobile people. Fold and carry! Make a Town. Use recycled bags.
Make a Recycle Trees and Scenery
Arbor Day, Earthday, America Recycles Day. This is simple for any age! Use paper tubes, cardboard, tissue-ideas and instructions.
Cereal Box Houses Another great add on toy. Make these colorful houses with cereal Boxes. Make a neighborhood
Milk Box Buildings& Houses Use cream cartons, small milk boxes, juice boxes
The box and milk carton building: make a fire station, train station, police station etc
Recycle boxes and tubes Castle
This speaks for itself...Play with playmobile people--or have kids make their own people!
Mail Carton and box life-size buildings: