||Make your own ornaments or other fun projects using lint paper, lint clay or lint paper mache. You can add Newspaper, stationary, gift wrap, or any paper you have left over. Once you make the mixture using one of the three recipes below, only your creativity will limit you!
Print out the recipes below! Good luck and have fun!
HOMEMADE Lint Papier Mache:
3 cups lint from What you need:
- Dryer Lint from your dryer
2 cups water
2/3 cup wheat flour
3 drops oil of wintergreen
Put lint and water in a large saucepan. Get all of the lint wet. Add flour
and stir constantly so lumps won't form. Add oil of wintergreen. Cook
over low heat, stirring constantly,until mixture holds together and
forms peaks. Pour out onto several thicknesses of newspaper to
Did you know?
You are helping the Earth by reusing something that would normally get tossed and perhaps not biodegrade 100%.
Decorate with your dryer lint craft and reuse that decoration over and over again.
Now you are practicing the 3 R's: Recycle, Reduce and Reuse!
See our recipe for Paper mache for added ideas and patterns....
HOMEMADE Lint Clay
2 cups firmly packed dryer lint
1/3 cup warm water
6 tablespoons white glue
1 tablespoon clear dishwashing liquid
Put lint into a mixing bowl.
Add the other ingredients.
Mix thoroughly. When you can no longer mix, kneadwith hands until of a uniform texture.
Shape and model figures or cover an molds with it,
HOMEMADE Lint PAPER
scraps of old paper torn into small pieces dryer lint---*add lint don't use
dryer lint ONLY since it won't give your paper enough body
a plain wooden picture frame (8"x10")
a piece of window screen material (12"x14" or larger)
a staple gun or waterproof glue
two large plastic dish pans or baby bathtubs
clean rags (at least 15"x15" square)
a rolling pin
metal shears to cut the screen
Optional: spray starch, iron
- Place torn scraps of paper , some dryer lint and warm water into a large pan to soak until saturated and soft (the resulting paper pulp mixture is called "slurry").
- Scoop out one cup of slurry, put into blender and add water to fill
blender. (If you want pure white paper, add 1/4 cup chlorine bleach at this
- Blend for a few seconds until it's smooth and mushy. Pour paper mush
into large tub.
- Repeat several times until there's about 5 inches of mushy
water in the tub.
- Pour slurry onto an old screen placed over a washtub or dishpan so that the water drains off. Smooth slurry over entire screen as evenly as possible.
- Allow slurry to dry completely once all the water has drained away. Paper should be ready to peel away from the screen in two to three days.
- Trim the paper if desired, or use as is with the rough edges
- You can use your homemade paper to make cards, wrap small gifts, cover a handmade book, write notes.
- Options: In place of a screen , you can put it between two thin towels and blot.
To make the screen
Need Pictures To Guide You ?
Paper Making Recipe
Learn how to make paper for many thing from scrap paper and discards and recycle.
Dryer Lint Crafts
Dryer lint clay, Paper Mache and Paper! Three recipes
Paper Mache Recipes and Patterns:
Exclusive Planetpals Three Patterns! Make the Planetpal, the world, or a Santa Ornament in Paper Mache.
Make Natural Dyes Great for for Play Dough and Other Crafts...How to use Rose Petals, Beetroot, Blueberries, Tumaric and Bark as natural dye
Back to the crafts page