Teach Kids to Love and Care for Earth Recycle Craft!
At Planetpals we believe if you teach kids to appreciate beautiful things on Earth, they will learn to love and care for it! It's that simple.
|Recycled sand when colored makes a fun picture!
Looking for more interactive things to make here at Eartzone?
Make another craft!
Every issue of our magazine has a special craft of the month! Free Activities in your email from the kidsclub! Try the Planetpals coloring page, recycle kit, card game, or check out our freebeez page.
Make Recycle Sand Art
This also works for RICE or SALT.
This is a great project it uses recycled materials of all kinds--recycled cups, recycled jars, recycled sand. It can be adapted to any age level.
Use colored sand to make sand paintings
An ancient craft made new for a school lesson plan, girl scouts, boy scouts or home project,
Great for the beach excursion. Collect nice white sand-and follow this recipe to color it It takes 30 minutes to color.
- cups (yogurt cups are good) or jars
- Plate, meet trays or cookie sheet
- Food coloring
- Paper Towel
- Your imagination
Other possible materials:
- Color rice or salt, too- for variety of textures
- See-through containers to fill with sand.
- Boxes to cover
- Small fun shaped Jars to fill
- Fill paper cups half full of sand.
- Add water to cups to completely cover sand.
- Add food coloring to get the desired color.
- Stir with plastic spoon (or if in a jar shale it well)
- Let set for 15 minutes or longer if desired
- Pour off water.
- Spoon sand onto paper towels.
- Spread out and allow to dry.
- Have fun!
- Fill jars or see thorough containers with layers of colored sand to make decorative fun pieces.
- Use to make colorful paintings.
- Cover a box top with colored sand drawings
If you like this craft you might like one of these:
Make Natural Painted Rock Decor
Great Summer fun! Directions and ideas painting rocks and other rock decor
This is a favorite beach project for kids--use recycled gift tissue!
Make a shell mobile and other shell crafts
Make this simple mobile using one string or many