Teach Kids to Love and Care for Earth Recycle Craft!
At Planetpals we believe if you teach kids to appreciate beautiful things on Earth, they will learn to love and care for it! It's that simple.
| || |
|Photo: Materials-Cans Corks Tubes Lids More|
Make your very own Robots using whatever recycle materials you can gather. Let your imagination take you there!
|Looking for more interactive things to make here at Earthzone?|
Every issue of our magazine has a special craft of the month! Free Activities in your email from the kidsclub! Try the Planetpals coloring page, recycle kit, card game, or check out our freebeez page.
Make another craft!
Make A Recycle Robot
Make Any Creature From Recycled Containers
At home or at school this craft is cool!
Make your very own robot from recycled items.
Recycle Everyday Objects
Great craft for a school lesson plan, girl scouts, boy scouts or home project,
Make the Robot:
You can save everything from Coffee and Tuna Cans, to small boxes and Popsicle sticks to make these recycled objects.
Many materials will work. Think bottle tops of many kinds, bottle holders, bag ties, straws, you name it. Basically use what you have and see what you come up with!
Tools we used for these Robots(above)
- We used Coffee Cans and Potato Chip Containers for the bodies. (you can also use small boxes!)
- Bottle tops
- Juice Box Straws
- Yogurt Containers
- Paper tubes
- Various Plastic Lids
- White Paper( to draw on)
- Plastic handles from juice bottles
- Popsicle sticks
- All purpose glue and/or Glue Gun
- Your imagination
Directions: We used Elmer's Glitter Glue for this project
- Start with the largest container for the body
- We removed the labels (You can also cover them with papers)
- Add Various items to create a the face, arms, legs and knobs
- Paint and Draw on them if you wish!
- Let it dry!
- You can paint or draw on it, too (see the second robot to the left)
- Make sure the can has NO Sharp edges!
- When gluing let things dry carefully
- For things that are hard to glue use a glue gun when possible
Make a pair!
Try making a favorite character like Sponge Bob from a Box or a favorite animal.
Make another craft!This craft is ŠJag planetpals.com reproduction restricted