|Fun ideas to make with the PEACE CRANE:
- Add a string and make it into an ornament
- Add a pin back and wear it as a "pin for peace".
- Hang them from your school backpack
- Decorate your book covers
- Make several cranes and string them to make a "peace mobile"
- Make many and give them to friends as "Peace Gifts"
- Organize a "thousand cranes project" in your school! Bring it to someone in the hospital! OR Donate it to the 1,000 crane project.
How to make an origami crane:
Start with a perfectly square sheet of paper.
Paper made specifically for origami can be found
at most craft stores. It is usually colored only on one side and comes in plain colors or beautiful patterns
About the 1,000 Crane Project
CRANES are a symbol of peace.
Cranes for Peace began as a project to collect paper cranes that was sent to Hiroshima, Japan for the 50th anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima in honor of the children.
Maybe you can start a 1,000 Cranes for Peace Project in your school or your town!
A great project for your classroom, too.